In June-July 2020, the ATTA surveyed U.S. customers of ATTA adventure tour operator members to understand their sentiment on a host of topics and gauge their travel and spending preferences in the next 12 months.
493 U.S. adventure travelers from 42 states shared thoughts on the following topics:
- Overnight leisure travel planned in the next six months
- Factors impacting travel decisions in the next six months
- Next trip planning state
- Next trip travel destination type
- Next trip travel style type (solo, friends/family, group, other)
- Trip activity preferences in the time of COVID-19
- Consumers’ adjustment plan if (new) travel restrictions pose a problem
- Adventure consumers’ expectations of their guides and tour operators
- Consumers’ sustainability sentiments
- Consumer sentiment on purchasing trip health insurance with pandemic coverage
- Adventure consumers’ travel spending expectations in 2021 compared to their 2019 spend
The U.S. Adventure Traveler Sentiment - June-July 2020 report offers valuable insights for those looking to understand adventure traveler sentiment, preferences, and expectations in the time of COVID-19.